Now you no need have to visit telecom stores to link your mobile number with Aadhaar as the government has made the whole process simpler.
#DigitalIdentity service made easy | @UIDAI (Aadhaar) has issued directives for generating OTP either through the service provider’s website or through the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) services to facilitate the linking, also known as re-verification. pic.twitter.com/RWuovxnOt3
— Digital India (@_DigitalIndia) January 2, 2018
Yes! UIDAI has rolled out Interactive Voice Response Services (IVRS) using which you can link your mobile numbers (SIM) with Aadhaar right from your home.
Irrespective of the mobile operator – Users can dial 14546 to link their Aadhaar number with the mobile number through IVRS-based OTP (One-Time PIN) verification.
STEPS TO LINK MOBILE NUMBER WITH AADHAR
All you have to do is:
- Dial toll-free number 14546
- And choose if you are an Indian citizen or an NRI
- If you are an Indian, press 1 to link Aadhar with your mobile
- Next, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and press 1 to confirm
- Once you confirm, OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number
- Enter the received OTP and press 1 to complete the process.
In a bid to prevent fraud-impersonation, the Government of India has made it mandatory to link your mobile number with Aadhaar number on or before March 21, 2018.
In case, if you fail to link within the mentioned deadline then your mobile number will be deactivated thereafter. Therefore, in order to avoid disconnection of the mobile number, link it to Aadhaar and enjoy the services.